Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Week 1 - Blogs

Yep, blogs. Pretty simple and straight forward. Nice break from the tedious frustrations of Vignette and Community Walk. I did have to check Help to figure out adding a picture to snazzy up my creation but other than that easy as pie...mmm..pie.... I was interested to read about the therapeutic effect in the Wikipedia article (love Wikipedia!). Never thought about it but I guess you are pretty much writing a dear diary with each post. I've been glad to see a greater usage of blogs in the library lately, Inside VBPL and such. Life is so much better with more open communication and it's great that we've, at last, begun utilizing these very useful and simple tools. The effect is that information is much more readily accessible than even a year ago and we can all serve our public better. So...yeah...blogs...um...woot!

2 comments:

Cindy Hart said...

And it took me eight long years...2 plus years of library stakeholder meetings to make it all possible. Simple. Yeah, right!

BTW - Great blog and first post.

Carl, Info Spec II SR/BMB said...

10 years!!!!!!!!! Holy crap!!!!!!!